On 20 August, 29 years will pass from the restoration of Estonian independence. Many of us still remember this emotional moment of anticipation, when the Supreme Council of Estonia with 69 pro votes declared the independence of the Estonian state and the establishment of the Constitutional Assembly.
This day, like many other events leading up to the 20th of August, known as the period of the Singing Revolution, increased the people's sense of belonging and brought us step-by-step closer to national freedom. The freedom that was gained at the time must be kept and celebrated. Come and celebrate it with us!
On the 20th of August, Vabamu is inviting everyone to a family day packed with exciting activities for everyone. We will have several workshops, give special tours, offer a chance to test your knowledge on the music quiz and an opportunity to familiarize yourself with the story of the restoration of freedom.
On this day of celebrations, the tickets are half the price!
Ticket 5 €
Discount ticket 3 €
Family ticket 11 €
- 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. a special tours “Paths to Freedom and Recovery” in Tallinn Old Town. Participation with the museum ticket. Tour will start in Vabamu and will last for 60 min. The 12 p.m. tour is in Estonian and the 2 p.m. tour in English.
- 12 p.m.–2 p.m. Anna Lutter's denim workshop (in Estonian) will feature jeans as one of the symbols of freedom. With Anna the participants can make bracelets and keychains from recycled jeans.
- 12 p.m.–3 p.m. the Badge workshop of Vabamu, will examine the symbols used during the restoration of freedom. The participants will have a chance to make Estonian-themed badges.
- 12 p.m.–3 p.m. Tallinn Home Daughters knot making workshop (in Estonian)
- 4 p.m. Vaiko Eplik is leading a music quiz (in Estonian) at the museum, where the participants can test their knowledge of the music tracks that contributed to the Restoration of the Independence. Participation with museum ticket.
café is opened all day and offers nostalgic snacks and treats.
Come and celebrate freedom in Vabamu!
Anna Lutter's workshop is sponsored by:
Historic photo: Arno Tameri/Rahvusarhiiv/ERA.5000.1.13.25 (AIS)